[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
user support & discussion • View topic - help configuring "Hardware.cfg"

help configuring "Hardware.cfg"

support, questions, and general discussion about converter (discontinued).

Moderator: tom roscoe

Re: Re: Re: Re: drivers for the btc 1817ds card

Postby jiraf on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:37 am

hi Tom
... i´ve initiated sndinit.exe , at msdos , activated Mpu401 Irc Channell as 2/9 , selected 9 as the Mpu401 Irc Channell in Hardware.cfg , and select the 6 mode , SoundBlasterPro ... everythings ok now ...

many thanks

i´m trying it right now !

all the best
jiraf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: drivers for the btc 1817ds card

Postby tom roscoe on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:40 am

hey jiraf,

i'm glad you were able to get it to work - and it's good to know the card works with converter :)

have fun,
tom
urr sound technologies
montreal, canada
tom roscoe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: drivers for the btc 1817ds card

Postby jiraf on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:43 am

hi Tom

yesterday , i´ve replied to your latest post , but i don´t know what happened , it is not displayed !!!

well , i´ve been reading the manual , there are some functions with wich i´m not familiarised , but i´m an easy learner ... could you help me to configure Converter to put it to work ? Its being difficult , i´ve followed your examples , but with no success ! i can hear the Line In , but even the scopes aren´t working ...
my configuration setup
computer1 with Converter connected via a midi cable that can send to and receive from , midi data to/from a 2nd computer ( usually this 2nd computer is sending midi clock to computer1 , syncing them ) , and LineIn in Converter computer , is the LineOut of the second .
... could you give me a basic configuration , just to get Converter to work , and from there starting explore it ?

many thanks all the attention
all the best
joao
jiraf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: drivers for the btc 1817ds card

Postby tom roscoe on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:46 am

hey joao,

the way you've connected converter sounds fine, so here's some questions:

1] what soundcard mode are you using converter in? I'm assuming still mode 6 from your previous response.... since your soundcard only supports soundblaster pro audio, midi and audio input cannot be used simultaneously, only audio input or midi input (with the usual mouse/gameport input etc). Even soundblaster pro audio & mpu-401 midi mode will only use the midi port for midi output, not midi input.

in other words, the modes you are restricted to are modes 0, 6, 7, and 8.

Using a soundblaster 16/awe32 etc, the above limitation doesn't apply...

2] does converter recieve midi ok? if not (and converter is operating in a midi input mode) then there is a problem with the IRQ converter is using to communicate with your midi / MPU-401 port.

3] if converter recieves midi ok, but audio doesn't appear when using a soundblaster pro audio input mode, then there is either a problem with the IRQ assigned to the audio portion of your soundcard, or some other hardware device in your computer is conflicting with the DMA channel being used (try using DMA channel 3, for example)...

not sure what else it could be, aside from those three things... the default settings converter is set to when first loaded and run, would enable midi input and audio input to be viewable in the various lower display panels....

hope that helps!

-tom
urr sound technologies
montreal, canada
tom roscoe

Previous

Return to converter