[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
user support & discussion • View topic - virus warning in cutemouse (not converter!)

virus warning in cutemouse (not converter!)

support, questions, and general discussion about converter (discontinued).

Moderator: tom roscoe

virus warning in cutemouse (not converter!)

Postby ikke on Thu May 27, 2004 5:09 pm

hi there,
I just got my good ol' Pentium I out of his box again...

when I tried to unzip the cutemouse mousedriver
my FPROT virscan told me that a file was infected
from the cutemouse archive....

I there anybody who also got this warning?

I really want to try converter, as this program is very cool idea
but the warning was kind off a bugger to me

are there any alternatif drivers?
ikke

Postby tom roscoe on Thu May 27, 2004 6:23 pm

hey ikke,

i personally haven't used cutemouse, as i use the logitech dos mouse drivers... good, stable, compatible...

one should be able to find them somewhere on the net, if logitech doesn't still have them on their website...

converter will be able to work with any standard dos mouse driver...

perhaps the cutemouse people should be warned? or is it possible that some code in cutemouse generates a false trigger for fprot?

good luck!
-tom
urr sound technologies
montreal, canada
tom roscoe

Postby tom roscoe on Thu May 27, 2004 6:32 pm

here is a link to the logitech dos mouse driver for anyone looking:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=5266,OSID=8

it's pretty small, and should work great for any device (i haven't had a problem)

btw, it doesn't support USB devices, only PS/2 and Serial.

-tom
urr sound technologies
montreal, canada
tom roscoe

Postby ikke on Fri May 28, 2004 2:06 am

thank you very much for the driver, I'm will try it this evening...

I hope it's just a false trigger, the virscan is a very old one,

I'm gonna check it with a recent Norton virscan

Michaël
ikke

Postby ikke on Fri May 28, 2004 2:54 pm

hello,

I scanned the archive with a recent virscan who could not find
any virusses...

I'm very sorry for this, I should have doublechecked it
before I posted.

Thank you very much for the other driver link,
I'm going to try that one anyway...